Who We Are
Indian Ocean Group Training Association (IOGTA) was established in 1995 to provide cost effective training services and vocational education to the Indian Ocean Territory communities of Christmas Island and the Cocos (Keeling) Islands.
If you are in either of these territories and you need training, are looking for an apprenticeship or traineeship, or want to become a host business; we are here to help!
Visit our Facebook page for our latest news!
We have two core beliefs:
- Firstly, that the people and organisations of Christmas Island and the Cocos (Keeling) Islands can create a sustainable and vibrant future;
- Secondly, that IOGTA can play an important hands-on role in helping our communities translate this vision into reality.
‘We are their partner in learning and employment’.
Our mission is to excel by:
- Providing high quality integrated training and employment services in a dynamic and innovative environment that inspires and develops the skills and knowledge of the people of Christmas Island and the Cocos (Keeling) Islands;
- Proactively collaberating with our community and other stakeholders in the provision of our services, and;
- Developing and motivating our staff in a team environment to achieve the goals of our organisation.
We're More Than Just Training...
As a not-for-profit organisation, IOGTA is
funded by Commonwealth and State Government to ensure affordable vocational training, short courses and adult education services. But
beyond that, we offer more than just training. As the only group
training and registered training provider based in the Indian Ocean
Territories, IOGTA is strategically positioned to offer a range of services including:
- Apprentices/Trainees (Including school based)
- VET and Adult Education Services
- Employment Services (Community Development Program)
- Centrelink Agent Service (Christmas Island)
- Labour Hire
- Meeting Rooms for Hire
- Photocopy/Fax Services
Upcoming Training Courses
Are you interested in training for your staff or for yourself?
IOGTA are currently seeking expressions of interest for 2017 courses.